Friday 10 January 2014

Two Months On

Happy Two Month Birthday Harrison!


Two months on and this cheeky little chappy continues to steal our hearts everyday. He is now over 11lbs and is starting to need clothes the next size up. I'm saving the outfit we put him in when we took him home from the hospital though for sentimental reasons. He can reach out to touch things now, with varying degrees of success. He also smiles and has pretend conversations with us now, and even moves his arms to copy me when I dance to music. His little legs are getting stronger, he's happiest when he's upright, standing on our laps. He is starting to recognise his hands, our faces, our voices, again with limited success! It's crazy to think that in a few months he will probably be able to sit up by himself and bounce around in his jumperoo.

But with the magical highs come the crushing lows. He had his injections this week and it was heartbreaking to watch his happy little face contort with pain and then disbelief - 'Mama how can you do this to me!' He did howl after the injections, probably mostly with shock at the horrid thing done to him. I think it was harder for me to watch my sunny little chap be so upset. The next two days were hard. He was grizzly, super clingy and hard to please. By Wednesday he was grizzling constantly, which turned into a full scale meltdown just as I was covered in bleach cleaning the bathroom. Of course by the time I'd washed the chemicals off, he was inconsolable. I swept him into my arms and tried to soothe him with cuddles and a feed, but he was so desperately unhappy even that didn't work and he cried real tears for the first time! 

Fortunately he's been back to his usual smiley self the last two days. Fingers crossed he stays this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment