Friday 3 January 2014

Goodbye 2013!

So as 2013 draws to a close we naturally reflect on the highs and lows of the year. I can honestly say that 2013 has been the best year of my life. I have travelled, made new friends, won awards for my work, but undoubtedly the major highlight has been getting pregnant and giving birth to our wonderful son (who is currently fast asleep on my lap). Love created a new life and now I can't imagine our lives without him, he has brought us so much joy. And watching J with our little man just makes me love and respect him even more as he is such a wonderful father.


Becoming a mother has changed me in ways I never thought possible. I can't believe I can function on such little amount of sleep or feel so sad and helpless as I rub my baby's tummy as he struggles to do a poo! I actually cheer when he eventually fills his nappy because I know he isn't in discomfort anymore! But gross things aside, there is a lot of wonderful, non bodily function related fun to be had. At the moment, Harrison is just starting to learn he has hands, he is trying desperately to reach out and grab objects (with limited success). 

Watching Harrison grow and change day by day is such an amazing journey. Everyday brings new magic - the way he smiles, a new facial expression, finding a new game to play with him. There is a new discovery everyday and it's fascinating. 

So here's to 2014 - a new year, a new baby, a new life and all the wonderful possibilities these things bring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment