Wednesday 22 January 2014

Giggles

Last night Harrison had his first fit of giggles! J was in the kitchen with me, holding Harrison whilst I emptied the dishwasher. I was chatting to J about my day, specifically about the courier who had come to collect his bike earlier that day and hadn't understood the word 'dimensions'. All of a sudden Harrison started chuckling. We stopped what we were doing and stared in amazement, then started laughing too. He was just staring into the dining room, kind of looking at the computer screen (which was just white and blank), but whatever he saw he obviously found hilarious because he was laughing so much his eyes got watery! We all stood in the kitchen, caught up in this magical moment and laughing together. Then just as suddenly as he started, he stopped and kind of looked around at us a bit bewildered. I wish I'd filmed him laughing, but I hadn't wanted to leave the kitchen in case I broke the spell we were in. But we will have the memory of his first giggle fit and we will treasure that memory forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment