Wednesday 25 September 2013

Uncomfortable

I am happy to report that Baby Boy Gibbs is doing very well. The last few antenatal check ups I've had have been very reassuring. Bubba is a healthy size, growing well and his head is engaging, which is a good sign that he's getting ready to come into the world. My blood pressure is good and I'm healthy, although I spend most of my day now in pain with such bad backache! It starts to hurt earlier and earlier each day, I guess because the weight of my breasts and baby are pulling on my spine continuously. The only respite I get is when either J rubs my back or if I lay down on the bed. Even if J just lightly strokes my skin, it feels so heavenly, I forget the pain in my back.

I haven't been to Aquabump for a few weeks now. The weather has suddenly shifted into autumn and the cold pool, tiny changing cubicles and prospect of driving home with wet hair puts me off. We also attend a Hypnobirthing class on a Thursday night, and being out late two week nights in a row takes it's toll. 

Hypnobirthing is going great. I really like all the relaxation exercises, but we've only got two classes left and I still haven't finished the book or properly practiced the breathing exercises. It's not so much as having the time as remembering to do these things when I have got a spare moment. Everything seems to fill my days up so quickly. I am so glad that J is supporting me with the Hypnobirthing exercises and lessons though. He is great, and it means so much to me to have him learn with me and support me. Like we are a proper team. Last week I was able to relax in the class very easily and got so caught up in the visualization and breathing techniques that I couldn't believe it when the teacher said that 30 minutes had gone by - it felt like 5! That was a real turning point for me and made me realise that Hypnobirthing is going to work for me. 

In other news, we have finally got round to putting up some of the wall stickers in the nursery. They look fantastic! 





J had been putting them up - I'm amazed at how fast he does it and how easy he makes it look! I know I'll ruin the stickers for sure if I attempt to stick them on. There's still a lot left to do, but it's getting there.

The time is going by so quickly these days, I know it will go by in a flash and before I know it our precious little baby will be here. Occasionally I have my moments where I feel panicky and scared of going into labour and birthing him, but most days - days like today, I imagine holding him in my arms for the first time and I'm overcome with love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment