Monday 12 May 2014

Half Birthday

This weekend saw our baby boy turn 6 months old! I know I wrote this on every post but seriously - where has the time gone?! It feels like only yesterday we brought him home from the hospital and I laid in bed listening to every snuffly breath he made, exhausted but barely able to sleep because of the adrenaline pumping round my body - our baby was here at last! I remember sneaking out the room and sitting in the nursery with him, the weak early morning light streaming in through the curtains as I breastfed him properly alone for the first time. How proud I felt, how I radiated love for this new tiny person from ever fibre of my being. 

Six months on and I'm still breastfeeding, though I have obviously introduced a few solids to his diet now. Harrison is now a fan of porridge, banana, sweet potato, butternut squash and apple. Today I'll try him with some peach purée I made and hopefully he'll like it. 

Unfortunately, I couldn't be with my baby boy for his half-birthday morning as I had to go into hospital to finally remove that pesky wisdom tooth! They do say that you lose a tooth for every child you have! I got sent this photo of my two best boys though, which really cheered me up.


And this weekend we welcomed a new addition to the household, a shiny new car... This one actually fits the pushchair and a weeks worth of shopping in the boot!


Harrison has reached such a lovely age, he learns something new everyday and is now into everything - grabbing everything he can reach, trying to kiss my face, pulling my hair...he is such a good natured boy and always has a big smile for his mummy and daddy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment