Tuesday 5 November 2013

Due Date


The due day has been and gone and baby is still here, snugly in my tummy. I spent the day relaxing, sorting out more bits in the nursery and I even went for a long walk round Highwoods Country Park. It was lovely to be outside, listening to my birthing playlist, taking photos and drinking in the autumn colours. Who knows, it might be the last chance I get for a while. 

We are both doing well according to the midwife - urine, blood pressure, baby's position and heartbeat - all fine. I had a sweep too and the midwife found my cervix was nice and soft, which is a really good sign. It was uncomfortable, but I put on some music and did my deep breathing and I was able to relax through the procedure. I'm really happy that our baby seems to be doing well and so now I'll just keep my fingers crossed the sweep works and our baby arrives very soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment