Thursday 21 November 2013

Baby's First Week


Our gorgeous boy is now 11 days old and the time has just flown by! We've had plenty of outings, visits, cuddles and hundreds of feeds already and J and I fall deeper in love with our little man every single day. 

Harrison's first week rushed by in a whirlwind of visits from the community midwives, our friends and family. Our lives have changed beyond recognition as every second is spent caring for our boy. Nights merge into days and the days grow increasingly short. Things that used to take a short time, like getting ready to leave the house or have a shower, now take hours. I the first week I missed so many meals because I was so busy looking after Harrison, making sure he was sufficiently fed, dry and loved. 

Things have calmed down a bit now we're in the second week. Our hungry baby still feed about a million times a day, but this is good, he is growing strong and healthy. He is a happy baby too, quite content to stare dreamily at the cloud pattern inside his Moses basket.


He loves his daddy, who is blessed with the magic touch of soothing him when he is grizzly. And as for me, my love for J grows stronger every day as I see what an amazing father he is and how he cares for our son. 


The past 11 days have been filled with firsts. Harrison had his first bath yesterday. He was a bit grizzly at first, but once he got used to the warm water, he loved it! I really enjoyed giving him a bath too with J, I hope it will become a nightly ritual! 


Everyday brings something new and it really is a magical (and exhausting) time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment