Tuesday 28 May 2013

Dining Room Done

So this weekend we finally finished the dining room. All the painting and decorating was sorted in the early May bank holiday, but this week we got the last of our dining room furniture delivered. J also wired up our gorgeous new pendant lamp from BHS. I think the final result looks so stunning, I'm so happy it's finished! 


This bank holiday we also did A LOT of clearing stuff out. J spent yesterday raking the back lawn with weed and feed, and also cut back all the hedges and the tree in our front garden. We now have a wide open space that we can pave so that we have enough room to get a pram in and out of the house. 

I spent yesterday massacring my wardrobe and throwing out all my beautiful dresses I can sadly no longer fit into. Even H helped by clearing out lots of his old toys. 

J went to the dump and I finished off H's room, organising all his toys and throwing away mountains of empty toy boxes and packets. The end result is H's bedroom incredibly clear and tidy, our bedroom much lighter with 2 massive bags of clothes removed, and the wardrobe in the spare room practically empty. 

So now our house feels so much lighter! I wonder how long it will last?

I'm guessing 4 more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment